Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My conversion to the juice box

I don't really remember eating too many fruits and to a lesser degree, vegetables while growing up (except for oranges at soccer games). This is probably due to any number of reasons including, 1) I have blocked painful memories 2)I really never ate fruits or vegetables. Hence, I don't like juice drinks, or the fruits where they originate from or most vegetables.

About a year ago I decided to eat healthier, exercise regularly and try to drink enough water during the day to see if my migraines would decrease. This means eating 2 servings of fruits and 3 servings of vegetables. The veggie part was kind of easy because ranch dressing makes salads taste better and Andrew does a fabulous job of coating all the other veggies in butter.

Fruit was a whole other issue. I really don't like most fruits. Little by little I started to eat an apple in the car (so I would be plenty distracted) or after a long bike ride (when I am super exhausted).

This past week I made a quick dash to the store to get "kid food" for my nephews. By the time my nephews left i still had 8 apple juice boxes left. That night I grabbed one (merely to confirm that I still don't like juice) and I sucked down the whole thing- it was pretty tasty! So I drank the 7 others within a day and a half and having been craving them ever since. So I think I finally like juice! Well, apple juice.

Unfortunately my migraines have not decreased-but at least I am a bit healthier.

No comments: