Saturday, March 13, 2010

unemployed snowboarding



I have to admit, one of the first things that popped into my head after Andrew told me he lost his job was snow. I saw 2 weeks of severance as two weeks dedicated to working on that double McTwist 1260. So after a bit of sulking I was able to get Andrew up the mountain. We had a blast, as always but Andrew definitely had a much better boarding day then me. He was hitting jumps left and right and scoring fresh tracks on quite a few runs. My experience was a bit different. First, some 15 year old came out of nowhere and rammed me from behind sending me rolling for quite a ways down the hill. He's lucky he picked himself up and jetted faster then me because I was pretty irritated. Then, as the snow started to melt (it was after all in the 60's) I wasn't paying attention and got stuck in someone else's tracks for a split second which sent me sliding quite a ways down the hill on my side. The accompanying mountain rash looked pretty sweet after it started bleeding but today it has disappeared. So there is no cool injury photo to post. Here's to unemployment!

No comments: