Sunday, March 21, 2010

I love flying!!!

My amazing experience started off by being randomly accosted by a TSA member at security. This just after I told Susan I would make a great drug mule because I never get pulled aside. On my flight home though I experienced a whole new level of annoying.

In front of me was a young girl traveling by herself that asked the flight attendant about every 5 seconds for her backpack out of the cabinet above her. Next to her was another little girl (accompanied by her dad) who apparently was not able to speak in an appropriate decibel. She pretty much yelled everything she said including,"Are we going to crash?" (multiple times). Later during the flight she started teaching the girl in front of me how to make extremely loud popping noises with her mouth. Yay!

On the other side of the aisle was a tween-aged girl who aspires to be a drummer. She wisely used her flight time to practice her beats by slapping her hands on the tray table.

Next to me was a philosophy grad student from the university of Utah who explained his whole life story to the lady sitting on the other side of him. After that came his analysis of Lady Gaga and Beyonce's 9 minute music video and pertinent commentary on Jersey Shore. Each story came with grand hand gestures.

The lady he was talking to decided that making smacking and kissing noises at her baby was more entertaining. Apparently the louder you are the more entertained the baby is.

My migraines tend to heighten my sense of smell and sound. I was ecstatic when all three men behind me ordered multiple cups of coffee. To keep myself from throwing up I leaned forward on my tray table and concentrated on the smell of my napkin.

One good thing on my flight was getting a second bag of cashews after the flight attendant thought it would be funny to chuck the first bag at me. I then searched frantically for the first bag because it was after all cashews.

I'm not sure I have ever had such a unique airport/flying experience.

No comments: