Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a New Day


and it feels GREAT! For the first time since 9/11 I feel united with this country and proud to be a citizen. The best part: watching Bush leave in a helicopter.


Also, it is ward conference season in the Pasadena Stake and so each Sunday I've joined the rest of the Stake Primary Board in visiting with the various wards. This past Sunday we visited Eastmont ward and I heard the best thing ever. The music leader suggested we all sing a couple patriotic songs. She then asked the children if they knew what was going to happen on Tuesday Jan. 20th. Amongst all the correct answers I heard, "It's Obama day!". Kids are great.

2 comments:

poweredbykoolaid said...

Looking at your photos I realized what your true calling in life is-not biochemistry, but Cheerleading! Also, I realized that "Obama" backwards spells "amadO".

winkieburger said...

Biochemistry is really just the back up plan when I can no longer do cheerleading in my 70's.